I obtained my bachelor’s degree in BioMedical Engineering in Xi’an Jiaotong University in China, and PhD in Computational Neuroscience in National University of Singapore. I worked as a post-doc fellow in department of Neurosurgery in University of Toronto/Krembil Research Institute with Dr. Mojgan Hodaie, in collaboration with The Centre for Image-Guided Innovation and Therapeutic Intervention in Sickkids.
- MRI Brain Imaging Processing and Analysis
- Machine Learning and Data Sicence
- Machine Learning Application in Clinical Imaging Analysis
- MR-guided HIFU treatment
- Imaging research in clinical applications (Multiple Sclerosis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Parkinson’s Disease)
- Good clinical practice (GCP) training (McGill University Health Center)
- Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) training (McGill University Health Center)
- SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9
- Structural & Functional imaginge: SPM, FSL, FreeSurfer, ANTs, Brain Connectivity Toolbox, BrainNet Viewer
- Diffusion tractography: MRtrix, 3D Slicer,
- Machine learning
- Support vector machine, kernel methods, deep neural networks,
- generalized linear modelling, logistic regression, multivarietate linear modeling, time series analysis, graph theory analysis
- Unix system, Mac OS, BASH
- Python, R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS, Java
- libsvm, scikit-learn, TensorFlow
- Django, Wordpress
- Soft skills
- Project Management
- GCP, SOP
- brain surface registration algorithm development
- brain functional development analysis using structural MRI and resting state fMRI
- multiple sclerosis functional and strucutral abnormality with traditional statistical analysis
- machine learning to study structural and functional patterns in multiple sclerosis
- machine learning to study the white matter connectivity pattern in facial pain using diffusion weighted imaging
- create whole brain group tractography in porcine models
- investigate potential treatment of epilepsy in children using diffusion tractography in porcine models under the MR-guided HIFU setting
- evaluate the surgical treatment in Parkinson’s disease with diffusion tractgraphy
Jidan Zhong, David Qixiang Chen, Dave J. Hayes, Kevin E. Liang, Peter Hung, Mojgan Hodaie, “Multivariate pattern classification of brain white matter connectivity predicts classic trigeminal neuralgia”, Pain, 2018.
Jidan Zhong , David Qixiang Chen, Julia Christine Nantes, Scott A Holmes, Mojgan Hodaie, Lisa Koski, “Combined Structural and Functional Patterns Discriminating Motor Disability in Multiple Sclerosis using Multivariate Approaches”, Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2017.
Jidan Zhong , David Qixiang Chen, Matthew Walker, Adam Waspe, Thomas Looi, Karolina Piorkowska, James Drake, Mojgan Hodaie, An in vivo multi-modal structural template for neonatal piglets with high angular resolution and population-based whole-brain tractography”, Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, 2017.
Jidan Zhong , Julia Christine Nantes, Scott A Holmes, Serge Gallant, Sridar Narayanan, Lisa Koski, “Abnormal Functional Connectivity and Cortical Integrity Influence Dominant Hand Motor Disability in Multiple Sclerosis: A Multi-modal Analysis”, Human Brain Mapping, 2016.
Jidan Zhong , Anne Rifkin-Graboi, Anh Tuan Ta, Kar Lai Yap, Kai-Hsiang Chuang, Michael J. Meaney, Anqi Qiu, “Functional Networks in Parallel with Cortical Development Associate with Executive Functions in Children”, Cerebral Cortex, 2013.
Jidan Zhong , Desiree Yee Ling Phua, Anqi Qiu, “Quantitative Evaluation of LDDMM, FreeSurfer, and CARET for Cortical Surface Mapping”, NeuroImage, 52(1):131-141, 2010.
Jidan Zhong , Anqi Qiu, “Multi-Manifold Diffeomorphic Metric Mapping for Aligning Cortical Hemispheric Surfaces”, NeuroImage, 49(1):355-365, 2010.
A Boutet, M Ranjan, Jidan Zhong, J Germann, …, “Focused ultrasound thalamotomy location determines clinical benefits in patients with essential tremor”, Brain, 2018.
Sarasa Tohyama, Peter S.P. Hung, Jidan Zhong, Mojgan Hodaie, MD “Early post-surgical diffusivity metrics prognosticates long-term pain relief after Gamma Knife radiosurgery for trigeminal neuralgia”, journal of neurosurgery, 2018.
Klaus H. Maier-Hein, Peter Neher,…, Jidan Zhong,…, Maxime Descoteaux. “Tractography-based structural connectome analysis is systematically biased by a large number of non-existent white matter pathways”, Nature Communications, 2017.
David J. Hayes, David Q., Chen, Jidan Zhong, Ariel Lin, Brendan Behan, Matthew Walker, and Mojgan Hodaie. “Affective Circuitry Alterations in Patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia”, Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, 2017.
Hung, Peter S-P., David Q. Chen, Karen D. Davis, Jidan Zhong, and Mojgan Hodaie. “Predicting pain relief: Use of pre-surgical trigeminal nerve diffusion metrics in trigeminal neuralgia.” NeuroImage: Clinical, 2017.
Julia Christine Nantes, Sébastien Proulx, Jidan Zhong, Scott A Holmes, Sridar Narayanan, Robert A. Brown, Richard D. Hoge, Lisa Koski, “GABA and glutamate levels correlate with MTR and clinical disability: Insights from multiple sclerosis”, NeuroImage (2017).
David Qixiang Chen, Jidan Zhong, David J. Hayes, Brendan Behan, Matthew Walker, Peter S.-P. Hung, Mojgan Hodaie, “Merged group tractography evaluation with selective automated group integrated tractography”, Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, 2016.
Julia Christine Nantes, Jidan Zhong , Scott A Holmes, Sridar Narayanan, Yves LaPierre, Douglas Arnold, Lisa Koski, “Cortical damage and disability in multiple sclerosis: Relation to intracortical inhibition and Facilitation”, Brain Stimulation, 2016.
Julia Christine Nantes, Jidan Zhong , Scott A Holmes, Benjamin Whatley, Sridar Narayanan, Yves LaPierre, Douglas Arnold, Lisa Koski, “Intracortical inhibition abnormality during the remission phase of multiple sclerosis is related to upper limb dexterity and lesions”, Clin. Neurophysiology, 2015.
Anqi Qiu, Anne Rifkin-Graboi, Ta Anh Tuan, Jidan Zhong, Michael J. Meaney, “Inattention and Hyperactivity Predict Alterations in Specific Neural Circuits Among 6-Year-Old Boys”, Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 2012.
Nicolas Escoffier, Jidan Zhong, Annett Schirmer, Anqi Qiu, “Emotional expressions in voice and music: Same code, same effect?”, Human Brain Mapping, 2011.
Anqi Qiu, Anne Rifkin-Graboi, Jidan Zhong, Desiree Yee-Ling Phua, Michael J. Meaney, “Birth Weight and Gestation Influence Striatal Morphology and Motor Response in Six-Year-Old Boys”, NeuroImage, 2011.
Anqi Qiu , Jidan Zhong, Steven Graham, Ming Ying Chia, Kang Sim, “Combined analyses of thalamic volume, shape, and white matter integrity in first-episode schizophrenia”, NeuroImage, 47(4):1163-1171, 2009.